Monday, August 4, 2008

Tethered to Technology

So I'm finishing up my online course that I've been facillitating for seven weeks. It's been great and has shown me even more why I'd like to work with teachers and technology on a regular basis. I have to give my work laptop back this week (a week before my new one arrives) and it kills me to be without it for that long. How much of a tech geek am I? My new job doesn't seem to be that tethered to technology as my previous district so that should be a shock to my system as well. (Have you noticed all the alliteration? Crazy!)

I know my family will be glad when I get rid of the computer. I am on it way too much...from skyping to oovoo to online summer school and professional development courses, I use it too much. You know you use it a lot when your son, with whom we play this game called, "I love you a million blanks...." and you fill in the blank with "a million teddy bears" and he fills it in with "a million computers and cell phones." If that doesn't break your heart, nothing will.

No comments: