Sunday, August 10, 2008

Renaissance Faire Annual Trip

This weekend I went to the Renaissance Faire with my "peeps" from SHS. We have gone pretty much every year since I started working there. It was great to hang with the ladies but even meant a lot more since I won't be returning to work with them this year; I begin my new adventure August 18th. But enough sappy stuff...


The Ren Faire has always been the place where, we ladies, have had to opportunity to hang out, laugh, joke, and just plain have fun without kids or husbands around. This was really the first year that I wasn't so impressed with the shows (I've seen the same shows with the same jokes a number of times now) or the street interaction. The street interaction was null and void and that's one of the things we really enjoyed. It is always fun though to walk around and see the people who flock to the Faire. Jenny called many of them FOFs, Friends of the Faire. They spend every weekend there. I don't know how they can do that because I get bored with the annual show as spoken above. Anyway, people watching is a pleasure. Our favorite this year was the fifty-something year old woman with the a corset, no bra, striped leggings, and spike heels. But to each his own, right?


I guess the way to fix the boredom would be to see other shows than the ones we've seen every year. This year we went to the Feast in the glen and that was fantastic. We paid only 22 bucks and got a meal, sans silverware, unlimited drink, lots of food, dessert and a show. Shakespeare was the main attraction for this show and the man who plays him does a great job. We really enjoyed ourselves, some of us more than others as seen in this photo op. Pictured below is Amber in the foreground, Jenny, Melissa, and Christy. I am sure going to miss these ladies-although I will probably see more of Melissa than anyone because she lives pretty close to me now. It's going to be very difficult to leave these ladies as I've become such a close family with them. I know that it will be nice at my new school but as a wise woman said to me, "It's always harder on the ones you leave behind." I think that will be true in this case too. They have the memories in the building...I'm starting fresh. I'm sure I'll get calls the first week of how weird it is to not hear me at in-services. I feel like crying thinking about it, but enough of that. I will miss you, MY SHS HOMIES! Please keep in touch. Always, KC






No comments: