Thursday, August 7, 2008

Driving, driving, and more driving


Yesterday and today I drove through three states eight times. That's right, I said eight! My grandmother had to have cataract surgery and I volunteered to help her. She has never gotten a driver's license in her eighty-four years and relied on my grandfather and her loved ones. Since I'm home for the summer I voluteered to drive her. We drove from PA to MD to DE eight times which was fun...I got gas for 3.60 a gallon there so in my mind that was worth it alone.


Now an interesting point about my grandmother is that even though she is 84 years old she doesn't look it. No, I really mean it...she doesn't. You may be thinking, yeah right, of course you'll say that, but no even the woman at the eye doctor's said it too. My gram put her birthdate down and put 1923 as her year of birth. The woman actually asked if she had made a mistake. Gram's skin is flawless because she never tanned, smoked, or did anything bad for it. I've added a picture of her from this year and you can see for yourself. I pray that my skin will look as good when I'm her age too! You go girl!


1 comment:

Mark and Jess said...

You're right, KC - she is beautiful and her skin IS flawless! AMAZING! Tanning is my vice -- my face will probably look like leather when I'm her age if I'm blessed to make it that long!