Sunday, June 22, 2008

Wedding Fun


Ok, so this weekend I was in a friend's wedding and my children stayed at my parent's house! I can't believe how life is changed when children are NOT around and pulling on your clothes at every turn. I spent the weekend with my hubby which was sooooo nice. We talked, cleaned, played, danced, slept in...it was amazing. Now my parents on the other hand talked or were talked at more likely, cleaned up after a whirlwind of activity, played A LOT, danced too I'm sure, and got up early. Thanks M & D, I needed it and I hope you can rest too now.
My hubby and I had a wonderful time. The wedding was outside at this beautiful estate called the "Peter Allen" house. The owner said that William Penn's daughter was kidnapped out of the kitchen of that house. I am now interested in doing some research about that because I had never heard that before. Anyway, I'll add later if I find anything else out about this.
I was thinking while I was getting all gussied up for this wedding, why we as women like to do this. I spent over an hour doing my hair for the wedding, then a bunch of money on "things" that you need for the day, wore shoes that hurt my feet after a while, drank too much, danced too hard, ate too much, and drove way too far! Why I ask you? We do it because somewhere in the back of our minds we think about the barbie doll that we used to dress up and at some point in the mixed up world of diapers, potty training, cleaning, dog walking, cooking, bathing babies life I lead, I want to be that barbie doll. Just once more. No strings attached. Dress up and show off and then go back to the same world of children. Don't get me wrong; I love my kids to death, but one night, one Cinderella night, I got to think of me. It was nice so thanks to my dear friend who gave me that opportunity. I needed it and so did my husband.


No comments: